Thursday, July 16, 2009

Missing You

This week has been one of those weeks whee I really missed my Grandma. I miss and think about her everyday but this week has been even more difficult. I was telling Jay on our way home the other night from Haden's baptism, my Grandma would have been so proud of him. I always felt like my Grandma was my kids biggest fans. She was always encouraging them, and so proud of their accomplishments. When Jay and I married it was as if Haleigh and Haden had always been around. She would scold us when we would come and visit and didn't have the kids. As a mother that meant so much to me. I miss her terribly. The sweet way that she worshiped in church and how soft and inviting her hugs were. Grandma, my heart has been broken since the day that you left us, and although I know that you are in a better place I still selfishly want you back. Things just aren't the same......

2 comments:

Virginia C said...

Tarrah, I still miss her also. Especially on our trip, I don't know how many times I picked up the phone to call her. While in the hospital I kept wanting to ask Mervin how she was handling not being there with us. I also miss her when I go shopping as she always headed to the kids section thinking some great grand child needed something. Yes I miss her, but she was lonesome after Dad died. I also sometimes feel selfish on my part, but when I really think about it, she and Dad left us such a heritage and I wouldn't really want them back here now. They were both so concerned about the future of the country, church organization, etc. They both spent so much time worrying about what would happen next.

Yes, at times I really want to discuss some things with Mom, and miss doing that.

Thank God we can and will go to them some day. What a great day of rejoicing then. Hang in there girl...

Tredway Tales said...

I was thinking of all the times that grandma and grandpa took us to camp meeting with them when we were young. They were always so good to ask us to tag along with them. Getting ready for Jr. Camp and Camp meeting without them is just not the same. They were the best grandparents any grandkid could ask for and I will love them forever and always.