Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some BIG Shoes to Fill

I ran across these pictures of Bowen on my mom's camera. It is such a cute picture of Bowen in his Papa's church shoes. It did send me into deep thought about the shoes that we are trying to fill, and the ones we are leaving our children to walk in. Will those shoes bring honor and respect, or shame and embarrassment?. I do not want to get so caught up in my life, wants, desires etc. that I forget who is following in my footsteps. I have been blessed beyond measure with amazing godly parents. I am so thankful for the upbringing that they gave me. I hope that when all is said and done, my children can say the same.




4 comments:

S. McDaniel said...

With a smile like that he will be making his own tracks and probably still asking for his choco milk.

Just a thought said...

That child just has a way of grabbing your heart and squeezing.

Jason and Mari Rowell said...

Hi Tarrah... I'm connected to you on EA and wanted to stop by your blog and post a comment...your Christmas pictures are adorable!! I've also enjoyed viewing your blog.

:-) Mari Rowell

Tarrah Misu said...

Mari, thanks for stopping by!! Blogging has been fun and a great way for our families to keep up with what's going on in our lives.