Friday, January 23, 2009

My Daddy

The post below reminded me of something that I had written about my Dad over a year ago. It still rings so true. I love you Dad!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Hero
Current mood: loved

..> So I guess I'm getting older because I'm starting to reflect.....:)



As I sat last night in the E.R waiting for some relief from some major neck and head pain I truly started to think about life. As I sat there a little afraid and concerned, I watched mothers with their babies. Young and old pacing and waiting. I looked over to see the most familiar face my Dad. A face that I have been looking at for many years. A face so familiar I could trace it with my fingers. As I looked at this man I call father I begin to reflect on things that have happened in my life. With each and every happy, sad, and frightning event he was there. To hold my hand, kiss my cheek or just say tomorrow is another day. To say that I love and admire this man would be the understatment of the year. In life we all have battles and I most definitly have not been exempt from them. But I have had a rock that I have truly been able to run to in time of need. In every situation I have been able to pick up the phone and say dad..... and no matter where he, is or what he is in the middle of he is there.

I have so many happy memories with my dad. Driving to everyone of my softball games, taking me to theme parks,and putting up with me and my rowdy friends. But I have even more vivid memories of the times that weren't so pleasant and mean even more. When I say my dad is a rock, he is. I have never seen him waiver. He is a man of conviction, charachter and integrity. He is calm in the middle of the storm and has a solution to almost every problem.

In the last two years I have faced one of the toughest battles of my life. I know that God, my friends, and my beautiful loving mother were key in helping with the healing. But my dad has held my hand, let me vent, told me when I was being stubborn and when I just needed to let go. He is my hero. I love this man with every fiber of my being. My prayer everyday is that I can even come close to being the tower of strength for my babies that he has been to me. I love you Daddy!!!


Love, Your Spider Monkey :)

2 comments:

Tredway Tales said...

I have to agree with you. Our father is one of the best father's a child could ask for. He loves his God, his family and his church. What a great example we have to follow.

Just a thought said...

Great comments about your dad. I have to agree as he IS my brother.

Did you get my e-mail?

Love Aunt Virginia