Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Joshy



Today I am missing one of my best friends, my brother. Josh and I have always shared a very special relationship. As kids we definitely fought with the best of them!! My mom can testify to that. But at the end of the day you could never say one negative thing about my brother or I would let you have it!! As a teenager my brother annoyed me, and he definitely knew what buttons to push. He tagged along when I didn't want him to and always interfered when their were friends over. What a little bratty brother.

I really do not know when the change took place or how the bridge between us became non existent but over the years as life happened we grew so close. He has been on the end of the phone many times listening and encouraging. He has given me his famous hugs when I needed them most, and been brutally honest when I did not want to hear it. Although Josh is two years younger than me I feel like he has been my big brother. His wisdom far exceeds his years. He is kind and loving and an amazing husband, brother, son and uncle. He has recently added father to his list of accomplishments and is doing an amazing job. So as I sit and reminisce about years gone by and years to come, I know that without a doubt my brother will be there along the way. I love you Josh, and am so proud of the wonderful man that you have become. Although life happens and we do not see each other as often as we used to, I want you to know how important you are to me. Love you bub.

Sis (Josh has never one time called me by my name, I'm sis) :)

1 comment:

Just a thought said...

What a great tribute to that bratty brother of yours. We've lived next door and watched you both grow up. Cried and prayed over your sorrows, rejoiced in your accomplishments. You have both grown up to be wonderful adults, partners and parents.

We love both of you and continue to pray for you.

Love,

Aunt Virginia & Uncle Merv