Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mercer Maniacs







It's been so long since I have posted. Life has been quite busy for us lately. The kids have been busy with school, Jay with work and me...well the usual wife, and mommy job keeping this ship afloat!! :) A couple of weeks ago Bowen went to visit my Dad and Mom for a few days so I took the opportunity to do something with the older kidos that might be a little more difficult with a two year old!! The kids have been wanting to go ice skating for a while so off we went. I have to say, I am pretty athletic and love just about every sport, but I hate being cold. So I opted to sit inside where it was warm and drink hot chocolate. I did occasionally go and cheer them on and give very enthusiastic thumbs up.
When the kids first got on the ice Haden and Haleigh did very well. Madison however.. was hysterical!! She had not been since she was three and obviously had no clue what she was doing. She ended up using a walker just to maintain her balance. I kept encouraging her to keep trying, and she did. Athleticism does not come naturally to Mad, but being strong and stubborn does. She continued to try and before long she was skating with her brother and sister, and doing very well. Haleigh and Haden were so sweet and encouraging, they would not leave her alone.
As parents it's often hard to watch your kids struggle or not be the best, or observe their disappointment in their performance. But being the best isn't as important as doing your best. I have four beautiful, intelligent, loving and funny kids. I am so very proud of them and will always be on the sideline cheering them on.

No comments: