Thursday, June 4, 2009

Backyard Beauties








If you know me at all you know that I love working in the yard. I find it very relaxing, and I love the beautiful outcome. Jay a couple of months ago decided to grow some tomatoes and squash with the kids, a few of our favorites. They have been quite the challenge. He babies those things and practically begs them to grow. :) Seriously though he has taken really good care of them and was so excited when he saw his first tomato. A few weeks ago we had a family barbecue and the kids were all eating outside. I walked outside to see my adorable niece Skylar holding Jay's first baby tomato in her hand. Well being the awesome Auntie that I am, I hid the tomato to avoid any "trouble" for Sylar. Jay did eventually see the "hidden" tomato and his eyes got as big as saucers. I explained what had happened and assured him that more tomatoes would eventually show up. He did find it all quite funny. So here are some pics of our beautiful roses and budding baby tomatoes. Can hardly wait to eat them!

No comments: